Thursday, February 14, 2013

Valentine

    Dear Jarrad,
          There is a fairy tale called "The Goose Girl at the Well."  It is about 3 princesses who are asked by their rather spoiled father how much they love him.  The first says something like "I love you more than sugar."  The second, "I love you more than my finest dresses."  The 3rd says simply "I love you." 
    The story goes on to say that the youngest's answer so enraged her father that he threw her out.  He did not understand that her love for her father had no comparison.  And thus, there was nothing that could be greater.

    I love you.


                                                                                                           Love,

                                                                                                       Belinda

   
To read the fairy tale:


(And yes, this is also the plot line for King Lear)

No comments:

Post a Comment