Friday, September 22, 2017

I don't want to move!

    I spent the past 2 weeks going through stuff under the house.  To my shame, I just bought plastic totes and threw stuff - like smaller plastic totes - into them and shoved the bigger totes under the house.  Cleaning that stuff out left we with 25 (!) empty plastic totes.  They are in the back yard.  Now, all that is under the house is Christmas and fall decorations which I will not get out until we move.  Not sure if I will have the energy to put up a tree but I kind of don't have a choice.
     Everything I pulled out, I asked myself, do I want to move this?  For most of it, it was no.  It is was still very hard to get rid of.  I have a friend who just started teaching art and she took a lot of the fabric and yarn and scrapbook paper.   And the many, many smaller containers that were in the bigger containers!  I am glad that they helped her and it helped me to not feel so bad about getting rid of all the stuff.
      Today, the same friend and her teenagers come over and went in the attics.  Yep.  2 attics.  They are not too big, but boy were they crammed with STUFF!  Boxes of books and memories.  They spent the afternoon going through some of it with us. It was fun to read how in my first years of teaching, I wrote that I was insane and should have gotten a job in a morgue as that would have been so much easier.  Found some old high school photos and looked at Jarrad's high school photos - so cute!
     While we got rid of half the books and a bunch of other things, there is still a lot left.  The idea of moving it and finding a place for it in my clean, empty house is overwhelming.
    I just want to wave my magic wand and make it all disappear.

No comments:

Post a Comment