Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Tour the house (room 1)

     I love reading blogs with pictures.  I love looking at people's houses on blogs.  I love seeing what others do to houses.  One of my favorite shows that doesn't come on much anymore is Moving Up on TLC.  It is about couples who sell their home, move somewhere else and then come back to the old home to see what the new owners did to it. Some are quite catty about it and I sometimes agree with them but everyone's style is different and I just love to see what folks come up with.  Sooo, that being the case, I am giving you a tour of my home room by room in sporadic bursts.  Translation - when I clean them enough to take a picture! 
      This is my son's room.  The dresser we bought as a changing table when we had our daughter.  It was the perfect height. So when #2 came along, we bought her a new (old) dresser and moved this one into little boy's room.  We are in the process of potty training so, it still gets used as a changing table, although not as often as it once was. 
     The planes I bought at Micheal's for .50.  They are hung by fishing wire from the ceiling and the clouds are wall clings.  My mom made the pictures on the walls and my dad built the shelf above the window. I made the bedding.  Yep, just a bit proud of myself with that one! 
      My dad is really good at woodwork.  He also made this book case when I told him what I wanted.  My kids thought it was great that they were able to climb in it.  He told me that he made it kid proof.  This thing is a solid piece of furniture!  I wanted him to make a headboard for S.'s bed but I do have 3 other siblings (and a mom) so I can't really monopolize too much of his talents.  Otherwise. . . sigh. 
     However, I have a few friends and read a few blogs who talk about "treasure" hunts in thrift stores.  So I decided to be on the lookout for a headboard.  I knew what I wanted my dad to build - a bookcase headboard.  Imagine my delight when I saw EXACTLY what I wanted outside a thrift store one morning.  FOR $5.00!!!!  So excited!  And of course, little boy climbs in it, on it and under it.  I left some space between it and the wall so that he could have a "hidey hole".  And a toy storage area.  The bed skirt is Ralph Loren that I got for 5.00 at a Bed Bath and Beyond. It may not match exactly but it is still pretty close.  The poster that doesn't seem to go with the decor is from Unc J who works on tractors and gives us rides which quite possibly makes him the coolest uncle EVER!  That is until the other uncle gives us a ride on the motorcycle in 10 years! 
     

1 comment:

  1. You got that at a thrift store?! Jealous!! I love his room!

    ReplyDelete