Tuesday, March 12, 2013

On Tuesday.

    I read.  A lot.  I have 2 Kindles and love them.   Not only for the free books but because I can get a new book at 10 at night from the comfort of my own bedroom.  Love it!   I also taught English so I have a pretty good idea of what makes a story a story.  Want to know a basic?
      Conflict.
      Yep, something that inserts conflict into the life a of character and how he/she deals with it is essential to a story.
     Today, my life was not a story.  No conflict.  Busy but dull. No drama, no conflict, no story.
      6:45 - wake up and (usually) pray for 10 minutes.  I pray for the healing of Jarrad's body - complete healing.  I imagine that his body is healing like a seed that one plants in the ground.  I pray for patience with my children.  I pray for guidance.  I pray that I am not tired.  I never say "amen".  I was asked once why I don't and it is because I don't think that one should end prayer but continue with it all day.  So at 6:55, I get up and get Emma ready for school.
      At 7:30, head out the door with Emma and take her to school.  Back home by 7:45.  Get Sam breakfast and check on Jarrad.  He had outpatient procedure yesterday so he is still pretty wiped.  I let him sleep.  Eat my own breakfast, check out the blogs I follow, do my devotion, some minor cleaning, a load of laundry and shower.  Get Sam ready for swim lessons.
      9:00, Jarrad is still beat so I tell him we are leaving in 20 minutes and get him water and his meds.  He goes back to sleep.
      9:20, Sam and I head out the door for his 10 swim lesson.  Today, he doesn't love the water and doesn't want to do ANYTHING the instructor tells him to do.  Oh well.  I notice that they have a lift.  That is good as Jarrad wants to swim.  Cool. 
      11:00, we leave for the pool.  My cereal is LONG gone so we stop at Chick-Fillet and get "criss cross" fries.  Home by 11:45 and eat lunch.  I am so very tired.  Jarrad is up and after lunch I lay down for an hour.
     2:20, we get in the car to get Emma because Jarrad and I have an eye doctor appointment.  I have not had my eyes checked in 2 years.  He had his eyes checked in the hospital but I want to make sure every thing is still ok.  This is a new to us and they are really nice.  We are good - I was afraid that my eyes had gotten a lot worse - nope.
     We are out by 5:45.  The kids were good BUT HUNGRY!  Jarrad says we could go to the Olive Garden for dinner - yeah!  He stresses that it is a gift for me.  It really is because he doesn't care for the Olive Garden.  I love the salad and breadsticks.  I need to remember that that is really all I need to eat when I go there.  We now have enough food for tomorrow night too.  The server was bringing me Cokes before I noticed they were empty so I am no longer tired. 
    Now it is 8:30.  I need to fold laundry and do dishes.  Make lunch for tomorrow.  Do assorted cleaning.  And go to bed at 10 ish (if I don't get a book to read!).
    No conflict.  No drama.
    No story.  Just another day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment