Monday, August 26, 2013

1st Day

     (Yes, Sam has a huge bruise on his head.He was playing "timber" on his bed aka falling on it and hit his headboard. Yes, I should get rid of their headboards.) 

   Listen!  . . . Do you hear that?  . . . Yeah, nothing.  Nothing but my fingers hitting the keyboard.  I was up today at 5:45 because that is when Jarrad got up but I lay in bed for 45 minutes trying to calm my heart.  I felt . . . wistful? Nervous?  Sad?  Happy that I felt all of those emotions because it meant that I wasn't the crazy weird mom who was just happy that her kids were going to school - no, I am normal!  I actually miss the kids!  I am just like the "cool" moms!  Ok, a part of me is still happy (I got SO much done before 10 o'clock) but it is SO quiet.  Really quiet.  I miss them.  And I am happy.
   Ok, I am just weird.
   But let me tell you what I got done before 10 -
1.  Went to the elementary school and dropped Emma off.  She was happy and excited.  Her teacher seems great.
2.  Preschool - Sam went right in.  No problem.  Fingers crossed that the rest of the day went well!
3.  Hung out for Tea and Tissues - were you get to meet the PTO and talk.  Since this was the 3 day class, all of the parents are old hats at it - not much to talk about.  Left at 9.
4.  Library - drop off books
5. ACE Hardware - to return and purchase
6. Post office (James - expect your package on Wed.)
7.  Converting Hearts Thrift Store to drop off stuff
8.  The dump to get rid of some electronics
9.  Oh - and I got some breakfast in there too.
   And now, I am typing.
   And it is so quiet!
   What am I going to do?

No comments:

Post a Comment