Monday, October 6, 2014

Last weekend

      Last weekend, I was at the beach.  Just last weekend.  It seems years have passed in between last weekend and this.  And while I don't miss the bed (WHY do hotels have such crappy mattresses?), I do miss the beach.
    Going to the beach was something my family did.  We went every summer.  Jarrad's family went more to the mountains; he has never been a beach guy.  He only ever went because it made me happy.  So he wasn't too disappointed to be on kid watching duty.
     My mom and my sister were coming (happy Mother's Day Mom) but I beat them there by a couple of hours.  The room was ready when I got there and I settled in, changed to sandals and went for a walk.
    There was a big celebration festival that weekend and the booths spread down the sidewalk for as far as I could see.  The sand was soft and warm and there was a gentle, salt kissed breeze as I walked into the water. 
    And breathed.
    The weekend consisted of browsing craft venders, seeing sand sculptures, chatting, swimming in the ocean, seeing fireworks and way too much funnel cake.
    It was  relaxing.  It was nice (despite the bed).  I enjoyed it.  Coming home was hard as I had to jump right into Mommy/wife roll . . . that was a bit jarring.
    Sorry, I just took a moment to remember the sand and the waves and the dolphins.
    Yeah, it was a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment