Thursday, April 14, 2016

To make matters worse....

    I am angry so instead of eating my feelings, I am going to write them.  I have been thinking over the past couple of days about if I was right to resign.  Maybe I should have waited to see what would have happened that I forgot a simple fact:
   The man removed me from the schedule completely.  With no explanation - not to my manager, not to me - 3 times he told me that there was no position for me.  What other recourse did I have but to go to HR?
     And then we have the meeting and he still never answered the question!  He started in with I was unprofessional and no one wanted to work with me. 
     Now I hear that he found me rude and disruptive in meetings.  He says it was that way from the first time we met and that I was on a personal call (oh the horror!! How dare I take a personal call!) and he was surprised to find me where I was.
    Ah, no.
    1.  He called 30 minutes before closing. He knew I was there.
    2.  He came 5 minutes before closing and yes, I was on the phone trying to get a hold of Jarrad because the kids were supposed to be getting off the bus.
    3.  Jarrad had just got out of the hospital from kidney failure that had him incoherent and was on heavy antibiotics so when he didn't pick up, I was freaking out.  And it was 5 minutes before closing and NO ONE WAS THERE!
    4.  Was not the first time that we had met.  Unless he wants to discount the staff meeting where he introduced himself and then dismissed us or the time he came to tour my home branch but hey, it is all about perspective.
    I will give him that I was "rude" to him.  He did nothing to endear himself to me.  I did tell him that I didn't trust him BECAUSE I did not know him (hint - show up dude and figure out who we are) or what his plan for the library was.  Yes, libraries have vision plans.  Libraries aren't just about books.  He said he had a plan - I waited and got nothing.
      I will give him that I was rude because I am a northerner - what southerners see as rudeness, we see as reserve and frankness. However, I have been given compliments about my friendliness from true southerners so maybe it is just people who come in and move the whole damn kitchen!  Sorry, another speech where he said he wasn't going to move the coffee pot.  It was a metaphor that said he wasn't going to change things; he was going to see how things worked.  He left the coffee pot - he moved the kitchen.  Yeah, I think I had trust issues.
     And yet, all this could have been avoided if he had simply told me why I was off the schedule.  He never did.  And now he is spinning this as I am unprofessional and difficult to work with  and rude.
      When the kids come home and say "Mommy, Daddy, someone said this about me or called me this"  We ask them if that person spoke truth.  They always answer no.  And we tell them then that person lied and the truth will come out.
    Man, it sucks when you have to practice what you preach. 
    Just keep repeating - karma karma karma karma karma karma karma karma

No comments:

Post a Comment