Saturday, June 8, 2013

5 minute week review (ok, maybe a little bit more than 5 because just this title alone. . . )

      I have been wanting to write for the past 4 days but have been WAY too lazy!  So here it is - a way to write about all the topics that are floating in my head.  Maybe I will expand later?
Wait . .  .
Who am I kidding?
   Anyway,
     Monday - surgery.  Side note: Jarrad is doing better - the hand is getting stronger but he still feels the strain after a full day. I am not sure how I got him in the van after surgery because we traded cars with my folks so that he could do a linear slide instead of pulling up into the van.  He does say that the carpal tunnel feels so much better! 
     Tuesday - mom and I went to a scrapbook store and had lunch out - fun!  It was nice to talk to her.  My mom is my friend.  I like that.  I hope I can be my children's friends when they are adults.  And not living in my house.  Emma had her last (full) day of school.  Sniff.  On to first grade.
    Wednesday - Got up and went to the Kindergarten awards ceremony.  So proud of her this year.  Her teacher says that she was a role model and knew how to behave even when the other children were misbehaving.  It was over by 9 and we packed the kids and mom and dad into the van and sent them to the beach.  Jarrad and I took a nap in the middle of the day!!!  I got up, did some errands and brought home take out - no cooking for the next 2 days!  Got a call from the folks at 9:30 to say good night to the kids.
    Thursday - Slept in till 8 - CRAZY!  Commented on how quiet the house was and how much we missed the stinkers.  Had a leisurely morning reading and doing NO chores.  I had intended to do "stuff".  Didn't.  Took Jarrad to the spinal cord dr.  to review the scans that they did 2 weeks ago.  Got the under (?) dr. that we don't like - she hadn't even looked at the scans - what??? Anyway.  Took too long so we didn't have time to go see the movie that we wanted to - we were meeting friends for dinner.  So we went to Earthfare and had coffee and read.  I like reading.  Had dinner with friends and came home.  Jarrad was wiped so he fell asleep at 8:30.  I folded laundry.  Got a call from the kids at 9:00 this time.
    Friday- Jarrad went to work.  I had breakfast with my BFF and then spent the next 2 hours trying to put some semblance of order to my house before the everyone came back at 3.
    I really missed the kids.  I know that they had a good time and it was nice to be able to read for 2 hours at a time while they were gone but I missed them. . .  I missed them.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment