Wednesday, July 24, 2013

when you go down a hill, you will eventually go up...

     My last post expressed frustration with THE SYSTEM.  Jarrad was frustrated.  I was frustrated.  I am sure his counselor is frustrated too.  It is a frustration party!  Not fun. Don't come.  There are no favors or balloons.  And definitely no cake. 
    I hope you laughed at that.  If you didn't, then I hope what I am about to reveal puts a smile on your face.  See, in the midst of frustration and well, anger, Jarrad decided to seek counsel and prayer from one of the pastors at our church.  He called up and said just that - we need prayer.  We need it to soothe our souls.  The pastor prayed and listened.  It was nice and Jarrad felt better afterwards which made me feel better and we resolved that our faith should not be in THE SYSTEM but in our God.
    And then the next day, the pastor called back with a plan.  The church would pay a member who was out of work to take Jarrad to work.  It was a win- win for the church as it would help 2 of its members!  We were flabbergasted.  We only wanted prayer and a reminder in whom we were to put our faith, we told the pastor.  He understood that, he said, but we had a need and this was a solution.
    The church doesn't have to do this for us.  But they are anyway.  Just when I thought we had no options (and let me tell you, these past 2 weeks of taking Jarrad to work or him working from home has not been fun!), this act of kindness came along to to restore, no, to build upon my faith. 
    I don't even know what to say.  Thank you seems so small in comparison to how big a burden has been lifted. 

No comments:

Post a Comment