Saturday, December 28, 2013

just can't seem to get started . . .

   I have started 5 (5!) posts and haven't finished one of them!  I just can't seem to get started.  So here is a brief run down of our week.  Perhaps this will kick me into geer.

     Monday- kids are home from school.  Fed a neighbor's chickens and got to keep the eggs.  Gave half away and still ended up with 18!  A couple from church stopped by with a rotisserie chicken just because they wanted to.  Isn't that nice?
     Tuesday - Lots of cooking.  Fed the chickens and got more eggs.  I had a "moment" because I am crazy and want everything to be just right.  Jarrad stepped, well, rolled in and made cookies with the kids so I could get stuff done.   I need to find a way to relax so I don't freak out at times like this.  Maybe it is poor planning or stress - who knows!  I will figure it out later.  At least we had dinner for that night! Later, we went and looked at Christmas tree lights.  This was the first time Jarrad had been out of the house since he got home.  Usually, we go to Christmas Eve service and eat at a Mexican restaurant with friends but their kid was sick and we were still being careful of Jarrad.  However, the tradition will resume next year! 
    Wednesday - Ahh, Christmas Day.  We started in bed - opened a few gifts and then the kids wanted to play with what they got until after breakfast.  No, really it was their choice.  I know, weird.  Had breakfast and opened stockings.  Finally convinced Jarrad that the breakfast casserole he always had as a kid for Christmas day was no longer going to be made.  The only one who likes it is Jarrad.  I feel bad but after having it for 9 years, I think I can say that I really tried.  I think that kids have also had enough "no thank you" bites to say that they have tried.  New tradition next year.  We then opened more gifts - all great - thank you everyone!  And then, took a nap!  My favorite gift on Christmas day is that there are so many new toys that I can take a good nap.  Friends came over for dinner and we all had a good time talking and playing Star Wars Operation.
       Thursday - Jarrad's follow up appointment - dun dun duh!!!  Everything looks good.  Finally!  I feel like with this doctor there is always the other hand.  He will see us in 4 weeks for x rays.  We will probably wait until next November to do the other hip.  We need to wait a year just in case we need short term disability again.  Jarrad and I talked and we both need time to recover.  We also discussed that while we were as prepared as we could be - research, talking with others; we are going to be even more prepared this next time so that *hopefully* we won't have the complications that we did this time.
    Friday - Did a little shopping.  Found an organizer for my side of the sink - whee!  It is the little things that can make a girl happy.  CLEANED UP ALL CHRISTMAS DECORATIONS!  Yep, all put away!  Go me - go me!  I like to start the new year that way.  Had friends over for pizza - tried a new place - mah.  It was ok.  But the company was great!
   And now it is Saturday - a whole day of potential!   





No comments:

Post a Comment