Sunday, May 11, 2014

It has been a while. . .

     It has been awhile.  I know, almost a month.  A busy one but nothing earth shattering.  So an update is in order.
    1.  Weather - isn't that how one usually starts a discussion?  Weather has been lovely.  But a lot of pollen so when the rains came - hard- it was a relief.  Now, it is starting to warm up.  And the pollen is mostly washed away but I am not giving up on my allergy medications just yet.  I did get my planting done.   A couple of perennials and a bunch more annuals.  Veggies and another blueberry bush.  Now, I need to map out what needs to be moved, trimmed or thinned to do at appropriate times.  Gardening is cathartic.  Weeding is a great way to vent frustrations.  And gardening is a  metaphor in so many ways.
     2.  The van is still  in our driveway.  No one can seem to get a hold of the engineer that is supposed to write up the modifications and send out the bids.  So we wait.  We get to use the van and it is nicer for Jarrad to get in and out of.  But . . . we are still waiting for him to be able to drive it.
    3.  I think - I am not sure - but it seems like we are getting out of a slump.  After surgery, Jarrad lost a lot of strength and endurance.  He is getting it back though.  We can also see the that HO is growing in the right hip.  It is not as bad as the left but not good.  ARUGH! The man kills me!  His pants were getting a bit snug in the waist so he started doing crunches.  Darn man lost the weight and 2 weeks later - pants are now lose! 
    4.  The kids are great.  Dance is done for the year.  The kids are playing outside more - see paragraph 1 - and helped me to do the planting.  They are excited about watching the plants grow.  And going to the beach.  They are so creative.  I love seeing what they come up with as they play.  Although, washing your shirts in the muddy rain water and hanging them on a makeshift clothesline as you play "Little House on The Prairie" . . . Well, at least there is Shout.
"Dragonvale"
    5.  I am working a lot more.  That is good.  It will help pay for the van.  But man, it is hard.  It is hard to juggle dinner, housework, kids, doctor visits and just everything.  I feel like things suffer - mainly housework.  And I am tired.  Good news - I get a paycheck.  And I have been walking.  I tried to walking in the morning.  That doesn't always work out.  So, every night, I walk.  Is it when I want to?  No.  Am I tired?  Yes.  Do I miss some evenings?  Yep.  But that is due to work.  And I am proud of myself for doing it. 
    So, nothing special.  Just ordinary life.  Normal.   

No comments:

Post a Comment