Monday, May 19, 2014

I got nothing

     May 19th.
     It has been 2 years since life as I knew it changed.  And today, I took Jarrad back to Duke.  He has an infection in his leg.  Probably been hiding since his bisection (heterotopic) surgery last November.  Tomorrow, he will have surgery to remove the infected mass and will then spend the next 4 days in the hospital receiving heavy duty antibiotics.
    I am trying to hold it together.  You know - just the date and the parallels.  How many times are we going to have to do this?  I am so tired of hospitals and complications.
    I have a lot of sympathy for Job.
    I will wait till later to have my cathartic cry.  And then I will play my new theme song.

 

Hey Babe - you need to add this to my power mix!

2 comments:

  1. While I can in no way fathom all you have been through, I understand "anniversary dates". I recently made a post how May is when life as I know it forever changed sadly. It's been 4 yrs for us since our life changing diagnosis. It doesn't get easier looking back on it. Just know I understand and am thinking of you. The only thing that gives me hope is HEAVEN!!! Praise God it will all be made perfect someday! It's the only thing I can cling to anymore to get me through my days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jenn. I think that while we don't understand the nuances of each other's situation, we "get" it on a different level than some. You have helped me to understand more of the loss of a child and (I hope) made me more empathetic in 2 situations- and I have given the name of your blog out too! So you have given comfort to others and you don't even know it!

    ReplyDelete