Wednesday, December 5, 2012

need SOMETHING to go right

    Have you ever sat in church when the pastor or whoever prays something like "Come Lord" and you hear a chorus of "yes"s?  They sound so fervent.  And I always felt guilty because I would add "but not
until . . . ".  Until I had my first kiss, until I explored some of this earth, until I was married, until I had kids, until I had grandkids.  I just wanted to experience life.  Everything. 
    And now, I am just tired.  Tired of things not going the way that they should.  Now I want to say, "Lord, please come because I don't want to deal with this life anymore."  I am DONE!
    Want a list of my petty reasons why I am done?  Well, some aren't so petty but these first ones are.
1.  The cabinets that we waited for and ordered and finally arrived have the wrong doors and no shelves so now we have to wait another 10 days to get the right order.  (Hello, did no one READ the order???  Black and white, folks  -RIGHT THERE (visually finger stabbing). 
2.  The new bed frame we got because the other broke did not come with all the hardware so now that I have finished staining and waxing it and am ready to put it together, I can't.
3.  This house is ALWAYS messy.
4.  It is rainy.
5.  Jarrad's HO (heterotopic osification).
6.  I just want Baby Whatsit to be Ok.
7.  And I want someone to return my phone calls!!!  Any of them.  I don't care who - Home Depot, the furniture place or anyone that I tried to call for some answers.

   Those are just a few of my irritants.  I am hoping that by writing this, I will have blown off some steam.
    I am just so tired of all this crap.  Could something, anything please turn out all right?  I know that sounds ungrateful to all the folks that tried their best to make things as easy as they could for us but I wish that you didn't have to.
   The next time a pastor prays for Christ's 2nd coming, I will be one of the fervent ones saying yes.  Just because I don't want to deal with this crap anymore.  And I know that isn't the right reason.  I should say it because I want to be with God; not because I don't want to deal with this life anymore.
    I am just so discouraged.   
   

No comments:

Post a Comment