Tuesday, January 29, 2013

perspective

    When Jarrad gets out of his chair, it is a free for all.  The kids see it as a new set of wheels and go spinning around in the chair.  It is "fun". What is really fun is when they BOTH get in and each are trying to push their own wheel.  Jarrad and I just shakes our heads.  We take turns blaming the other for our kids' idiosyncrasies.
   Sometimes, I even take the chair for a spin!  (Now which one of MY parents wants to take the blame for me?)  However, when I wheel it is more for practicality than fun - no, really it is.  I wheel his chair around to see things from his perspective.  It helps as we try to rearrange the house so that he can have as much freedom as possible. Below are some pictures I took of how things look for him.  Keep in mind that he is a good 6 inches taller so the perspective might be off but you get the idea.

Light switches.  Yes, I labeled the switches so we would know what turns off what. I love my label maker!
Elixir of Life machine.  I found a slide out tray at Bed, Bath and Beyond that Jarrad can pull forward to use and I can push back to put away. 
Washing out the coffee filter at the kitchen sink.  Not very easy and I can use my abdominal muscles. 
Sneak hug attack when Daddy is doing a weight shift! 




   Kind of interesting isn't it?  These are things you don't really think about.  I try to wheel a mile in his shoes just to get an idea and am pretty amazed at this man that I married.  I have to pat myself on the back - I did good!    I need to keep that in mind the next time he annoys me! 

1 comment:

  1. I'm amazed by both of you! Thanks for the perspective.

    ReplyDelete