Wednesday, October 24, 2012

have another reason to eat cake

     This one has 6 - six!  candles on it.   Happy Birthday Emma!
     I told her this morning that 6 years ago today, she wasn't born yet.  She thought I was teasing and saying that she didn't exist.  The past and future are still pretty abstract concepts for her.
     6 years ago at this time (3 pm with still another 7 hours to go) - she still wasn't born!  I think I was asking for an epidural at this point.  (After 6 hours of pitocin - patting myself on the back  here!  NOTE - pitocin is horrible stuff!)
     Happy Birthday, Beautiful Girl.  You make me smile.  You make me so glad.  You made me a mom.
Newborn - onesie asks "Does this diaper make my butt look big?"


Questions for the Birthday Girl
1.  Who is your best friend?       Christina
1st birthday
2.  What is your favorite thing to do? Play
3.  What is your favorite color? Pink
4.  What is your favorite toy?  My new Little Pony Castle toy with Shining Armor and Princess Cadence
5.  What do you want to be when you grow up?  An author
6.  What makes you happy?  When Christina comes over
7.  What makes you sad?  When Sammy punches me and doesn't share
8.  What is your favorite show to watch?  My Little Pony
3rd birthday
9.  What is your favorite book?  My Little Pony  (do we detect a theme?)
10.  What do you love to learn about?  The letters of the alphabet
11.  What is the best part of your birthday?  When I open presents
12.  What is your favorite treat?  Chocolate cake
13.  What do you think about before you fall asleep?  Lukas  (hmmm, should I be worried?)
14.  If you could meet someone famous, who would it be?  Santa
15.  What is your favorite (non treat) food?  Apple
16.  What is your favorite thing to do outside?  Play with Sam
6th birthday
17.  What is your favorite outfit?  My princess dress
18.  What is your favorite holiday?  Halloween
19.  What is your favorite thing to do with Mommy?  Play with Ponies
20.  What is your favorite thing to do with Daddy?  Play cars
21.  What is your favorite thing about Sam?  That he is good (even when he is punching you?)

No comments:

Post a Comment