Tuesday, October 30, 2012

have a new seat

The new chair - and the geek came free!
     My mom said that I sounded good today.  I feel good but part of me is feeling like we are in the eye of the storm.  It just seems that whenever we start to "feel" like things are going well, we get pulled back.  It is hard to remember not to focus on the "feelings" as opposed to the "knowings". 
     A lot of time, my days/feelings go by how Jarrad is.  He has been really upbeat, therefore, I am upbeat.  Therapy is going well.  He is getting more and more confident with transfers and doing things for himself.  I am listening to him on a conference call and I hear his confidence and authority.  He sounds like his "old" self. 

     I don't know how I am going to survive him working from home!

     And today, we got HIS chair!  Yeah! 
     It is better balanced and lighter.  The wheels are ergonomically correct and it fits his body.  That is a very happy paraplegic right there!
     Wanna hear a joke?  It is my own creation:
 2 paraplegics walk into a bar. 
The bartender throws the towel down and yells, "It's a miracle!".
  
Get it?  They walk into a bar!  HA! 
     Yeah, no one else thinks its funny either.  Well, maybe a little - but they are laughing AT me. 
     Here's the thing, I may have been a little punchy when I created that joke but if you don't laugh, you might cry and if you have the choice, laugh.  There is too much sadness sometimes and you have to take joy when you can.
     So even if this is the eye of the storm and we are going to be hit from the other side (Thank you Hurricane Sandy for this metaphor), I feel like we will be a little bit more prepared (read energized) because we took some time to just be happy and rest in that happiness. 
     Yeah us! 
     But don't you worry folks, I am polishing up the rest of my sit down routine and will have you "rolling" in the aisles soon!  
      
    

No comments:

Post a Comment