Thursday, June 28, 2012

are appreciated

     The other night, we got home and opened the cooler.  In it was our meal for the day and on top were bubbles!  The kids were so excited about the bubbles.  Emma's comment was, "Oh, Mommy!  Look somebody appreciated us!"  I barked out a laugh at her use of the word - misuse?  and replied, "Yes, Sweetie, they do appreciate us and we appreciate them."
Jarrad reading to the kids while I get dinner ready
     And I do feel "appreciated".  And I really appreciate all the food.  I have had so many people say that they wish that they could do more but do not underestimate the power of good food that one doesn't have to think about.  I pack up the food and take it to the facility and we eat together as a family.  We are trying to be as "normal" as possible and the food is a gift to me and to Jarrad and to the kids.  They may not understand now how important it is but they will later.  Thank you to all for helping to preserve something so special.
      And Jarrad loves not eating "old people" food.  Think as much fried, well cooked, bland and canned and SOFT food as can be cooked.  So the fresh salads, fruits, GOOD pasta, food cooked well and all the other treats are something he really appreciates!
     I think we make the nurses and nurses aids jealous! 
     So we are feeling appreciated.  And thank you.

      I just wish that my kids would show some "appreciating".  While they were gone, I cleaned their rooms - top to bottom.  Even moved furniture around and steam cleaned the carpets.  And then they got home  . . .









I really missed them.

1 comment:

  1. ROFL! Welcome to "Normal", Belinda!!!
    Glad Jarrad is doing better! I Love the picture of him reading to the kids!
    Keep up the great work, Jarrad! Belinda, just let us know if you need anything! Your needs will be met!
    Love to you all!
    Trish

    ReplyDelete