Saturday, June 30, 2012

start renovations

     When all of this happened 5 weeks ago or so . . .  who knows when, I knew that we needed to start some renovations on the house for Jarrad to come home to.  We are fortunate to know a lot of people - maybe too many - who know how to do "stuff".  And they have offered to help.  So we are starting.
     I have 4 things on my short list to do.  The short list is just to make life "liveable" not perfect and the last thing is more of a want than a need.
     1.  ramp
     2.  redo the bathroom
     3.  couch
     4.  office
     One of the local churches have offered to build a ramp.  That will come later as it is so hot right now - read 104 in some areas today.
     The couch is for our family sanity.  I want something that has a chaise as that will probably be easier for Jarrad to transfer to and we can do "family" things - like play games and cuddle.
     The office is for my sanity.  I am fairly sure that Jarrad is going to work from home at times and with our open floor plan - he would drive me nuts!  We have been talking about a bonus room above the garage for a few years now and I think we are going to do that.  This fall.  Hopefully.  Otherwise . . . well, I will send you my asylum address.
  

     And then the bathroom.  This is important.  Today, friends came and ripped out most of the fixtures.  One guy took some real pleasure in cutting up the tub and shower.  Actually, I think that they all did to some degree.  It is fairly cleaned out now.  I know that we "only" have 3 or so months to get ready but all lot of this is gonna be done by volunteers (THANK YOU!) and it is weekend work.
     Oh, and here is what the exterior looks like:  

     I am glad it is done but . . . I think you get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment