Saturday, June 30, 2012

open a gift

     Dear Lydia,
      Today was your birthday party.  I wish that we could have been there.  I know that you had fun because I saw your pictures.  I want to thank you for your gift to us.  You asked that instead of gifts for you, that people would send a donation to your Uncle Jarrad.  And people responded.  They didn't do that for us but for you sweetheart (and for your mommy and daddy), because they love you. You are a lucky little girl to be surrounded by so much love.
     I know you are too little to really understand everything that has happened this first year in your extended family but you do understand that cake is good and so are kisses.  Paper is more fun to play with than the actual toy it was wrapped in.  And someday, you will understand the gift you gave to us.  It means that we worry a little less and focus more on healing.  Someday, Uncle Jarrad will give you rides in his chair and everyone on wheels can race each other.  Someday, you will understand that love of Christ prompted your birthday gifts.  So thank you, Sweetheart, thank you.
     And don't worry, I know all about being a big sister and I will always listen and COMPLETELY understand when you are misunderstood!
     I love you.

      Love,
    Aunt Belinda

No comments:

Post a Comment