Tuesday, November 6, 2012

don't really have a title

     When I was pregnant with Sam, I prayed that God would provide a friend for him.  A best friend like Emma had with her BFF.  He answered that prayer and provided a friend for me as well.  Another example of how He knows what we need before we do. 
     So when my good friend asked me if things are getting easier, I didn't give the answer that I would to  anyone else.  I gave the messed up, complex answer that doesn't make any sense. I gave the honest answer. 
     Because when you have a good friend, they deserve your honesty.  You deserve your honesty.  We all need to have someone safe that we can go to for advice or solace or just a  chance to vent.  We all need someone who is willing to be honest with us.  Someone who thinks that we are worth the risk. 
     Emma will ask me who my best friend is.  I always answer the same - Daddy (hers, not mine).  She rolls her eyes.  The last time she asked, before I could answer, she said, "Don't say Daddy!"  What we are trying to tell her (and Sam) is that whomever you marry does need to be your best friend. 
     Jarrad thought I was worth the risk.
     So did others.  
     I heard once that as an adult if you can count your friends on one hand - good friends - you are wealthy. 
     I am a biljilonaire. 



No comments:

Post a Comment