Thursday, November 29, 2012

thank you for coming

    Saturday, we invited just about everyone we know to come and see us.  It was a small way to say thank you to everyone who was there for us.  We (the kids, Jarrad and I) had a great time and I think all of our guests did too.
     Jarrad always loves having folks over.  For me, it is stressful because I worry about cleaning and what folks will "think".  It is hard to adjust because I certainly don't think about clutter on someone else's counter so why do I think that they would care about mine?  I am learning.  At least I don't scrub the base boards anymore . . .
So old picture - but the little one is to whom I am referring. 
     It was an open house so that folks could come and go.  The majority came and didn't go.  That is great.  I love the fact that everyone can come and talk to everyone else.  I happened to look out the door at one point and saw a childhood friend coming up the driveway.  She is my "oldest" friend.  I have known her since kindergarten and have known her husband just as long.  He daughter was my flower girl.  I helped her husband propose to her (it was a lot of fun to have that secret!).  She and her family drove 7 hours to spend 3 with us.
     I am starting to cry just thinking about it.
     (ok, I just cry a lot lately).
     One of the things that I tell my "northerner" and "southerner" friends is "Oh, you would really like so and so."  And I got  the chance to introduce folks.
     Yeah!  
     And they liked each other!
     Yeah! 
     And it is over!
     Yeah! 
     But if you missed it, we would still love to see you.  Maybe you will be lucky enough to see the finished bathroom. 
     Maybe, it will be finished this year. 
     Maybe.
     Hopefully. 
     Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment