Friday, April 26, 2013

BATHROOM!!!!

Drum Roll Please -



                                OUR BATHROOM!!!

      Sorry it has taken so long but I wanted it to look nice.  Of course, if it looked perfect, then you still wouldn't see what our bathroom looks like.  I have touch ups to do and some other things that I want to add but if I waited till it was perfect, well, that just doesn't happen. But I did want to wait till we got the mirrors up and the decorative lights.  And until I cleaned it.  Yep, you get to see a clean bathroom - floors moped and toilet scrubbed.  I did think of taking a picture of my scrubbed toilet but . . .
    Some things you just take for granted - like mirrors.  I had been putting on my (Sunday) make up and blow drying my hair with a little hand held mirror tacked up over the sink.  I could have used the kids bathroom mirror but it is tiring dragging things back and forth and then there is the fact that they could get into my makeup if we were running late and I didn't have the time to put it away.  (Shudder.)
I didn't realize how much I missed a mirror until last Sunday after my folks had left.  I had to make a point of calling my dad and thanking him again for putting them up!
    THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU to all that worked so hard to put it together for us.  I would name you all, but I try to respect folks by NOT naming names.  But from the guys in the brew club who took an unholy glee in demolishing the old bathroom to a contractor friend who gave of his time, to a neighbor friend who gave every Saturday for 2 months to my family who drove 6 hours to lay tile and do other things, THANK YOU!
   So without further ado, enjoy the tour.

     Shower area - we got the floor to ceiling holder off of Amazon (love Amazon!!!)  The hooks are from IKEA (LOVE).  I want to change out the shower curtain - cheapie from Wal- Mart.  This used to be where the garden tub was.  I couldn't find any "before" pictures - I guess I didn't take any.  If we could change anything, we would make the shower not so wide so that the toilet area could be a little wider.  How could we know?  In the discussions, this seemed to be the best layout and since we had no prior experience. . .  Still, this has been the best thing in the bathroom.  Yes, even better than the mirrors! 
     The view from the closet, looking into our bedroom.  You can see our privacy curtain. We hope to put a barn style door up(something like this: http://pinterest.com/pin/245235142179784912/   - not sure I did that right. . . ) instead of a curtain someday.  Look at the lovely tile!  Thanks to every one that put it in for us!  It is so pretty! The counters ended up being an inch higher than we wanted.  Because of the lip of the counter, the installers had to put it up so that the doors could open.  Good to know and something that we will take into consideration the next time we need to do this.  (AHHHHH!!!!)  The difference is an inch or so but it does make a difference. 
 
     Toilet area.  The shower used to be here.  We love the natural light from the window.  I need to paint the little shelf - a good place for books and drinks - and the wood trim. 
     Jarrad's side - I have to find something for his stuff.  Not very pretty but he is so happy to have a sink that he can shave over as opposed to a small mirror in the shower.
     Yeah! Mirrors!!! Our counters are longer now.  The toilet used to be where the tall cabinet is.  I want to put this shelf thing (from IKEA in between the mirrors.  And figure out something to go above Jarrad's mirror so that it doesn't seem like such a big space.  There is also a pipe that sticks out (not shown) on the other side of the cabinet that we need to cover.  Other little things like that need to be done. 

     Under my sink - hand towels, wash clothes, and gloves.  See, other than cleaning - no staging.  My crap is still on the counter. 
     A long mirror is hung inside the door. Jarrad and I could never decide where to put one.  Perfect solution.  The shelves were so deep (22") in the tall cabinet and I got tired of moving stuff around to get to the back.  I bought these drawers from Wal-MartI.   I need to figure out a better way to label things.  A lot of stuff -meds (and yes, I know you shouldn't store them in the bathroom) and other toiletries- is stored in there.  I think we doubled our storage with these cabinets.

    I hope you enjoyed the tour.  Please sign the guest book as you leave . . .

    I could go into details about the stuff in the cabinets but I am not sure that they are organized in the most effective manner and well, I don't have the time.  I should take time to really learn how to use Blogger and insert things and maybe learn how to earn money.  I will put it on my list - which resembles Santa's Naughty List right now.  Today's agenda:  baking cookies, painting deck, maybe Songbird Fest and charter school drawing, fixing door knob (Jarrad - I just hold it in place) in addition to playing with kids and general chores.
    If you would like to see some of my ideas for the bathroom, check out my Pinterest page.
    I love Pinterest!  
http://pinterest.com/blreedwilk/handicap-bathroom/

No comments:

Post a Comment