Wednesday, April 3, 2013

What a week!

    In my previous job, I was solely an English teacher.  I used to teach 7th graders how to write essays.  How to connect thoughts in paragraphs and paragraphs to each other so that thoughts flowed and created a somewhat coherent piece of writing.  At times, this was torture.  Mind numbing, head banging, I will do anything to avoid this torture. Really, if someone needs to invent a new way to inflict punishment on criminals, just have them read some of these  "essays".
    That being said, what I love about blogging is that it is  (to me) not as "horrible" as essay writing.  In fact, it is kind of fun.  I get to write about big, long events such as this past weekend BUT I get to chop it up in bite sized pieces without worrying about how to make the whole thing "flow" as one long essay.
    I kind of feel like I am cheating - but in a not guilty way - you know, zero calories.
    This past Easter, we headed to PA to visit family and see our newest niece.  I have a lot to write about.  I want to tell you how I packed - which will be going under "organizing our paralyzed life".  What I felt (Nothing more than feelings) and what we did (haven't got a label for that yet).
     That is the plan anyway.  But we all know how the best laid plans go . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment