Sunday, May 19, 2013

and we are through to #2

Where we started
    I can't help but wonder if maybe my emotions made this anniversary date bigger than what it really is.  It is just a date; a one year marker.  What is in a date?  Who controls the emotions associated with it?  Me.  I do.  So why can't I turn it off?  The emotions  - not time.
    I remember saying last year, that I just wanted to get to next year.  And now we are in "next year" and I am looking back at last year.  Does anyone else think that this is nuts?  I asked a few people if I was making a bigger deal out of this than should be? (SOME people claim I have drama queen tendencies.  Really, I don't understand it - I AM the most level headed person I knooowww.)  They seemed to think that I was normal - ok, well, you KNOW what I mean.
   I know that that technically today is the one year date.  I even spared a few moments to do the "last year" thing.
    And nothing.  Enter sigh of relief.  No emotions.
    Blessedness.
My superman and one in training
    Yesterday, we had a few people we love and trust over. Jarrad grilled and hung out with friends.  We were safe.  I "may" have been a little spastic - too bright and overly chatty; bouncing around and having trouble sitting still.  Only one (maybe two) episodes of tears quickly blinked away. 
    Yesterday, felt more like the one year date.  Maybe because it was Saturday and Saturday was "the day" but it helped to wake up this morning and feel like we were past that dreadful date.
  
   Now I get to have completely normal weepy episodes!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment