Monday, May 6, 2013

Welcome Monday

   Last night, I got about 4 hours of sleep.  Why?  Weeelll, I stayed up till 10 to watch Gypsy Wedding - love that trashy show!  And by the time I got to bed, it was 11 and then Jarrad was up at 12 and then he woke up again at 5 and I couldn't go back to sleep.  So, roughly 4 hours.  Get up, take Emma to school and go to Home Depot to get MORE deck paint.  And stop by Krispie Kreme for dougnuts.  Back home to wander around saying to myself - I need to clean.  Tired and can't focus much.
   So when I get a text from a friend to come over because she needs some reinforcements in one of her battles of the ongoing Mommy War, I say I'll be right over.
    One of the battles in Mommy Wars is the state of our houses.  They are never clean enough to our satisfaction.  Only one person (in my opinion) has a "walk in ready" house and he is a dad.  Now, what does that say about us, Ladies???  Anyway, I told her after she was apologizing  for the state of her house that I was going to take pictures of my own and blog about it so she would feel better.  
     Living room - it is laundry day at our house.

      Emma's room - Yeah . . .

     Blurry - I know but you get the idea  . . .

    Kid's Bathroom -



     I never used to understand why my mom would always bemoan the state of the house while growing up.  To the other 5 of us in the house (dad and 4 kids), we thought the house was clean.  I get it now - it is the little piles and the never ending monotony of the same things over and over.  But what my mom didn't know was that she was not alone.  If only she knew that EVERYONE throws stuff in closets when they know that someone is coming over!  We need to stop trying to win that Mommy War battle until our kids go off to college.  Then we win by default. 
    And if you come over to my house and it appears clean, please do me a favor and don't look in the closets - I like to pretend that I am at least maintaining ground.   

1 comment:

  1. Okay, only TWO rooms look askew and one is because you're actually *doing* laundry! I don't think that counts. Some day I'll show you my bathroom counter. It has such a bizarre array of things I could do my toes while I grind wheat. It's my next project...

    ReplyDelete