Monday, May 6, 2013

Welcome Monday Part II

   So . . .  after my post and some one - up comments (THAT'S messy? Ha! ....) and 2 Cokes and a large coffee (WHEEEE), I did my clean up. 
    When I was a new mom, another new mom friend gave me a copy of a MOPS book.  It was great.  Small chunks that I could read in the bathroom because you all know that that is the only "alone" time a new mom gets and that lasts only as long as it takes the kid to learn to crawl.  It was all about the home - how to live in your small space which was so large before the kids came and how to handle housework.  There wasn't one idea either but it showed different ideas.  I found some that I liked and it has become part of my routine. 
1.  Have one chore that you do each day.  When you finish that chore, even if you didn't get ANYTHING else done, you will feel like you did SOMETHING.  For me, it worked.  On Mondays, I do laundry.  Today, is Monday so my laundry is in the living room and I have a system that some may think is complicated but it works for me so I don't care. 
2.  Go to bed with a clean kitchen.  I may leave the dishes in the dishwasher all night but it looks clean.  And you know what?  I feel like the rest of the house is clean! 
3.  The 15 minute sprint clean.  Each room gets 15 minutes where you put away odds and ends.  Since I have an open house plan, I have divided the open part in to sections so by my calculations that is 3 bedrooms, 2 baths, a dinning room, kitchen, "library", living room, and laundry room for a total of 10 rooms which equals out to 2 1/2 hours of cleaning.  Since I don't ever have 2 1/2 hours to clean, I bite it off in chunks and usually combine rooms.  For example, the bathrooms are lumped together.  Does this happen every day?  I wish.  I really wish. 
    All that to say, in 90 minutes, this is what I did.  It looks a little better.
   Beds are made, odds and ends are put away and dishes are being washed in dishwasher.  No dusting or sweeping but hey, you aren't here to run your finger over the base boards.  And this is a way for me to hold my ground. 
    Now I better go get my chore for the day done and fold some laundry!  I hope you enjoyed the "tour" of my house!  Love you all!




1 comment:

  1. Looks good to me! YOu've seen my "storage unit room," though, so need I say more :)

    ReplyDelete